Thursday 29 July 2010

Blimey, where have I been?

Did I hide in a Kibbutz all summer because Mr. P decorated my kitchen?
Did I go on a world cruise?
Did I win the lottery and spend all my free time buying shoes and handbags?
Did I have extreme plastic surgery so that I couldn't use my computer?
Did Mr. Big whisk me off to the Maldives?

Nope to all.

I've been in misery-ville for a while when even getting out of bed has been the biggest decision of the day. But now I'm feeling somewhat better. So what have I been trying to do.

Well I got a veggie garden - onions, garlic, runner beans, radishes, spring onions, lettuce, cucumbers, courgettes, toms and chillies, carrots, french beans, herbs, which due to the odd weather, has been a little hit and miss really.

I've dug my breadmaker out of the cupboard and have been trying out the recipes. Again a little hit and miss, although a fruit loaf has been really successful and has even induced me to eat breakfast.

I've been trying out Aldi to save some money on food shopping and so far this has been pretty good. I reckon a saving of £25 per week.

Mr. P has been homebrewing, so we will be trying the fruits of his labour this weekend - now I'm pretty excited about that!

I've also read loads of books, which I have enjoyed immensely.

On the craft front, I've not done much at all. Just some crochet in the evenings whilst watching TV, but I think I got a little carried away!






I haven't counted how many squares I've made, but each pile contains six of that particular colourway, so there are hundreds. I was going to make a summer blanket for the living room, but I think that I've got enough to possibly make a new house!

Thanks to everyone for dropping by, apart from the above explanation, my computer gave up the ghost too and I'm hoping that a very nice man called Ray from Freecycle is going to fix it for me. In the meantime, I'm using a teeny weeny little 9" netbook which, although very fast, is best suited to someone who has eyes like a hawk and fingers the size of matchsticks.

I just have to show you this last picture. I've been lucky enough to have had 2 pairs of doves nesting in my garden this year, with 2 babies each. The picture below shows a stand-off between a marauding wood pidgeon and one of my doves - the dove dive bombed the pidgeon just after this picture was taken. It was so funny.




Well I'm off to catch up on some of your lovely blogs and then to make some more yummy fruit loaf.

Jak x

12 comments:

  1. Glad to have you back Jak! Sorry you have had a little bit of a "down" time - but hey those squares are brilliant and soooo many! you could make a dozen blankets with that lot! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to have you back and thank you for visiing me from time to time when you weren't making squares !

    That IS funny about the Dove vs Pigeon ! I get both too but soo far no fights.

    I've not been feeling great either but have carried on blogging though sometimes feel like chucking the whole lot in & decorating our shabby house.

    I do enjoy bloging but it becomes so addictve & time consuming - tho I had a good stint in the garden today pulling out dratted bindweed.

    Lovely to have you back xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jak,
    Nice to have you back.
    I have popped over and I have been wondering where you've been.
    I do hate it when my friends disappear!
    Your Squares are just wonderful.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has tons of squares all over the floor!
    Your blanket is going to be gorgeous Jak!
    thanks for stopping by
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you back Jak ... my word you did get carried away with the little squares .... that is going to be one gorgeous blanket x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I think you are doing all the same things as me at the moment. You sure did get carried away with the squares!! Very impressive indeed. Perhaps you could make a couple of blankets and maybe matching cushions too. Hope you continue to feel better, it must be awful to feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jac...blog friends seem to know the right things to say & support xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Jak!
    Your comments are very much appreciated!
    I'm having a wicked time and I think everyone is enjoying it too!
    Have a good day,
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just checking that you are alright? Hoping that you haven't been buried in all those grannies! You have such a pretty blog with the pretty side bits. What is it about cherries that is just so lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holey moley you sure have been busy.
    I hope you've been tidying up those ends as you go along otherwise there will be zillions..
    And are you serious that your man didn't notice your hair colour change?I'm so pleased to see you back here. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi - me again !!
    Thank you so much for your comments - means the world xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, just found your blog, thought I'd leave sweet comments and follow! I seriously can't believe you made all those squares! Come visit me @ http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by Jak,
    lovely comments thank you.
    You still busy with your squares?
    Looking good from here.
    Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete